Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last Week's Pic of the Week + Scrapfest

For last week's pic of the week:
Yoyin, Romely & Me in our Eat, Sleep, Breathe, SCRAP, repeat t-shirt.

So sorry this came in late again. Well the weekend was quite hectic but really fun. Last Saturday I got to attend my first Scrapfest which was hosted by the Scrappin' Moms at the North Greenhills Club House. Thanks to Yoyin & her ever supportive hubby who were so kind & generous to give me a ride plus the breakfast & yummy dinner & to Teena & Coach Ruben for giving me a ride home. I had fun with the Angeles group. Romely & Glenn were there too & my "kumpareng" Darwin too. These guys are hilarious! Seriously, my jaw ached that day from all the laugh trip we did. Had a headache too with all the shopping we did since there were thousands of scrap goodies to choose from. If I were to be a billionaire I'd probably go home with truck loads of scrap stuff. Teena, Romely & I indulged mostly on the See D's little stamps that were on sale for Php35.00! I've been starting to love the art of stamping lately & I believe stamps are good scrapbook investments.

I had the chance to meet the other scrappers there too. I finally had the opportunity to meet last year's Scrappin' Moms Idol, Cabbie Lopez who was really really nice. She even had a demo on alcohol inks which I'm interested to try. We also had some bonding moments with Diane who came all the way from Bicol! I joined the challenge for the World Card Making Day & finished a Christmas pop-up card. It has a pocket at the bottom part where you can insert money or a gift certificate to give as Christmas gifts. Here it is:
The top 10 Idols did a great job with their Christmas LOs. Despite of the blackout and the sudden heavy rains, they didn't give up. Declared winner for the SM Idol 2 was Cookie who made a beautiful LO. Congrats Cookie! I had the chance to wish her good luck before the contest when she dropped by my table to hand me the prizes I won from her altered clock challenge at the Kaya Blog.Oh what a day! Quite exhausting but I had fun. I rarely get the chance to go out so I thank my dear hubby, Mark for taking the day off from work so he can be with Marcie, & I can attend the Scrapfest. I felt a little guilty for leaving them since Mark has't slept yet since he just got back from his night shift at the airport. But he told me to go anyway & he wanted me to enjoy the event since he knows how much I love to scrap. That's why I love him so much! Very supportive as ever. Thanks dear!

When I arrived back home, Marcie was still up & she rushed outside to see me. She welcomed me with a big smile on her face & followed by a hug. Isn't she the sweetest?!

***Special thanks to Ms. April Lim for the pics I posted in this blog entry. You can view more Scrapfest photos here. ***

1 comment:

Maya Ariffin said...

Ooohh! What a lovely Christmas Card u got here! Anyway, I'll try to make a Christmas Card for you ;) My b'day is in this coming November *blush* hey no shame lah this gal asking for a gift! LOL :D Thanks for your comment you are so sweet :)