Friday, October 3, 2008

Christmas in October

I started with my Christmas projects a few days ago & I finally got to finish some today. Well I only made 3 so far but at least I've made something right? Haha. My first batch of projects are altered milk cans. I've made several of these cans before to give as gift containers instead of the usual gift wrap & gift bags. I have always made it a point to make my gift packaging unique & artsy. So far these altered cans have been a hit with my friends. Since Christmas is fast approaching, I made Christmas themed cans. The materials used are simple & easy to find. For these batch I used:
-an empty formula milk can, washed with soap & water & dried (I've got piles of these so I thought of recycling them)
- Gift wrapping paper (bought some from Divisoria... very cheap, 3 wrappers for P10. That's about 21 cents for 3 wrappers if converted to the dollar rate)
- Ribbons (bought 1 roll since it's cheaper that way)
-other embellies (flowers, tags, mini white doves)
-Double-sided tape (I would't really recommend glue for adhering the wrapping paper to the can since the paper tends to wrinkle)
-Circle cutter
- a hammer & a nail (to punch out holes on the sides of the can for the handles)

Here they are:
Let's have a closer look :

The two cans have the same design so I just posted 1 picture for them:Look at this cute little dove:
3 down & more to go! Have you started your Christmas projects yet?

2 comments:

Maya Ariffin said...

Wohoo!! Great Work!! Maybe you'll make some for me as in for my B'day gift eh? Hehehe..

camport said...

Super cute! Makes me anxious to get my Christmas projects started!

:)UnPubbed