Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas projects

Christmas season was quite busy but I did manage to make a few projects. Actually I made a lot. But most of them were Christmas gift bags which I sold at our store. I think I made about 50 bags and only 4 were left unsold. =) I make those gift bags every year because I discovered that when people are in a hurry for their last minute Christmas shopping, most of them don't have time to wrap their gifts anymore. So that started the idea of selling my gift bags. They're just plain kraft gift bags which I decorated with wrapping paper, ribbons and other embellishments. Well I didn't have time to take their pictures since the moment I finished them, they were brought to the store already. Hehe. Sorry. Maybe next year.

Well I did have other projects which I was able to take pictures of. First is this hanging photo decor which is now hanging on our room's door:
Here's a closer look:

I used a piece of cardboard which I found around the house and peeled off the upper portion to reveal the corrugated look inside it. I then sprayed some gold Maya Road metallic mist and inked the edges of the board with brown ink and dabbed some green ink to give it a bit of distressed look. I used my left over Polar Bear Press patterned paper to mat the photo & embellished it with some Prima flowers, a butterfly, a brad, lace & some bling. I used AC Thickers for our family name & the Chatterbox Chipboard stickers for the word "family". I then punched a hole on each upper corner of the board and tied a string of abacca so I could hang it on our door.

My final set of project were these photo gift tags:
For NJ

For Lhance
For Alex
For Joax

Instead of the usual gift tags with just the" To: & From:" labels, I used photos of my inaanaks (god sons & god daughters) instead. =) Oh they are all a bunch of cuties! As usual I had to do some last minute Christmas shopping to buy their gifts. lol. When will I ever learn to shop early?

TFL!

1 comment:

Alex Cade's Mom said...

oh i am excited to see alex's gift tag haha! :) pretty projects :)