Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally sharing some layouts...

***(Warning: Layouts overload)***

I've finally gotten the chance to take photos of my finished layouts for April. Unfortunately my dad's CF card slot had a broken pin so I couldn't use his DSLR. I had to borrow my brother's digi cam instead. I can't believe how expensive Canon is charging just to fix one broken pin. They said it would cost Php11,000 (approximately $220!). Good thing a friend of mine told me about a place in Manila where they can fix it for a much cheaper price. We haven't brought it there yet but I'm hoping it will be fixed soon before we head off for our trip up North.

Anyway, here are a couple of layouts I wanted to share.

First was the LO from the Scrap Jam:
Ready, Set, Smile
(I just couldn't get the perfect lighting for the photo so sorry for the poor quality. Hopefully I could get a better shot next time.)

Next is a LO I made for Mystical Scrapbooks for their sketch challenge:
No Frowns Allowed
(Note: for this LO I used a minimalist approach, 1 cardstock and one double-sided PP only! I used both sides of the PP so I was able to stretch my limited supplies a bit.)
Third LO is for Beary Box Sketch #22:
Fun Time
Ok wait, I just noticed I've been "krafty" with the 3 layouts. All were done on Kraft CS. I'm loving the kraft look right now and it goes so well with a lot of PPs. So now let's move on to the more colorful layouts. No more kraft this time. lol. These two were given as gifts to two birthday girls. The frames I got were 12X10 so I had to crop the 12x12 paper to make it fit the frame.

Anika
Iya
A closer look at the flowers. These were all cut from a Crate paper PP. All that snipping and cutting took forever but it was all worth it! Whew!

Those last 3 LOs were all finished in 1 day! Yipee! That's the most number of LOs I've ever done in a day. I'm a slow scrapper so being able to finish 3 in a day is a big progress for me already. lol.

Oh and one more thing... Have you been to the TSYS blog lately? I've got a big sale announcement for the Pre-NSD Yard Sale. Go ahead and stock up on those scrap goodies just in time for National Scrapbooking Day.

TFL!

5 comments:

Maya Ariffin said...

Hi Gracie.How are u? Anyway lovely LO's!!! Especially the last one so lovely I love it!!!

Fred said...

Wow! Congrats dami mo nagawang magagandang LO's. Sana ako din makagawa ng magaganda katulad n'yan :)...

Tenia Nelson said...

Great pages!!! Thanks for playing along with the Beary Box Team!!!
-t

LG said...

gorgeous LO! Congratulations for winning the Beary Box Challenge!

Colleen's Crafty Constructions said...

Love your work that you have up here. Congrats on winning beary box this week!!