Friday, April 24, 2009

April Showers Bring in May Flowers

My has the weather here been weird lately! It's usually super hot in the morning and it suddenly rains so hard in the afternoon. While it's supposed to be summer time this time of the year, we've been getting a lot of rain for the past couple of days. Blame it on global warming. We sure need some earth lovin' nowadays. Speaking of earth lovin'... we just celebrated Earth Day 2 days ago and I did make some Earth Day projects that day but I haven't really gotten the chance to post them yet. I made some gift card holders made from recycled empty toilet paper rolls (you know that brown roll that holds the toilet paper). They're so fun and easy to make too. Maybe I'll post a tutorial here one of these days. I made 3 but I still need to embellish the remaining 2. Here's one of the finished gift card holders:
Altered Toilet Paper rollWill post the others when I'm done with them.

Then I also made this distressed card for Hero Arts challenge:
Lots of flowers huh? I guess April showers do bring in May flowers. lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did an awesome job! I am so looking forward to summer it is the beginning of spring here in Boston, Massachusetts! Enjoy your weekend hugs~Donna

NinaB said...

Great card. I'm Filipina living in Croatia! I'm new to bloggin and it thrills me to find other Filipino crafters. Have a good weekend...Nina

Erin... said...

Great cards!!! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something:)

Nicola said...

Love your altered toilet roll and Hero Arts is gorgeous too.
Nicola -x-