Friday, March 13, 2009

Rock On!

Finally a layout for March! Well I must admit it's not my best layout since I'm still trying to get my creative juices to flow more. I searched for inspiration and stumbled upon Dream Girls blog. Their current challenge was to take inspiration from this ad:
and plus these added twists:

1. Use a safety pin somewhere on your layout

2. Use some thing out of the scrap aisle (ex. masking tape, office stamp, elastic etc.)

So here's my take:

I used safety pins as borders for my photo and for the 2nd twist I used an old CD which I painted and covered also with alcohol inks (my first time to actually experiment with Ranger Alcohol Inks) and I also used some masking tape here and there.

Other supplies used: Fancy Pants- About A Boy PP, Basic Grey PP, Cherry Arte PP, KI Memories Lace cardstock, Bazzill Basics cardstock, Apple Barrel Craft Paint, Ranger Alcohol Inks, UHU glue

Story behind the photo:

This was taken a couple of years ago just after I graduated from college where we watched the gig of Bamboo at Party Place. Bamboo is a famous band here in the Philippines, one of the best for me. I've been a big fan of their band and I was so excited when we found out that my aunt worked with one of the sponsors for that gig. She saw us and asked us if we wanted to meet the band. Of course we did! So she took us to the room where they were staying and we got the chance to meet them and even took a couple of pics with them. They were all actually nice. We still watch their gigs sometimes when they're here in our town and we're lucky enough to get backstage passes for free courtesy of the band's drummer, Vic Mercado who is a close friend of ours. :)

TFL!

**Edited: Silly me! I just realized I didn't even submit this entry to Dream Girls. I thought I posted a link but it turned out I didn't. lol

No comments: