Sunday, February 15, 2009

Doctor Doctor and Another LO

Welcome to another week. I can't believe we're already half way though February. I finally got to visit the doctor last Friday and again today. I've been suffering a cold that's been going on and off since December. (Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! I know... I should've gone to the doctor earlier...it's been 2 months already.) Last Friday's check-up was with my ortho for my knee and back pains (Is this a sign of getting old???) I've been bothered with this knee pain since last week. They seem to hurt when I stand too long while cooking or washing dishes and the pain continues the whole day. My back pains are caused by my mild scholiosis which isn't really that bad. I got about 12 x-rays! Thank God it's nothing serious. I was adviced to get Physical Therapy to treat my back and my knees and I had my first therapy this afternoon. It was relaxing and I was advised to do some stretchings (I confess I haven't exercised for quite a long time now, this must be one of the reasons why my knees seem to be weak lately). Then I also met with another doctor to have my cold checked. I'll still have to take a couple of medical tests tomorrow morning and wait for further results. So I guess I'll be in and out of the hospital for the whole week until next week for check-ups, tests and the therapy. Grrr... I personally don't like being inside the hospital. There's that smell that I can't seem to like. Sigh. But prevention is better than cure so I better make sure I get myself checked to make sure I'll be okay. I can't afford to be sick, especialy now that I have so much responsibilities. Okay... enough of that...

Well, on the lighter side, here's another one of the LOs I made last week which was inspired from the Scrap Inspire Create Creative Crew Challenge. The challenge was to use brown & orange as the main colors for the LO. I actually didn't think the combination would be nice at first but when I finished my LO, I realized it was a nice color combo. It feels so warm & bright. I found the perfect PPs from Fancy Pants' About a Boy Collection to use for this LO. Here it is:
Supply list:
Adhesive: UHU craft glue
Bling: local craft store
Cardstock: Bazill Basics
Chipboard Flowers: Craft Express
Die Cuts: About a Boy (Fancy Pants Designs)
Ink: Orange & Brown (Whispers)
Paint: Glitter Paint (Making Memories)
Patterned Papers: About a Boy (Fancy Pants Designs), Phoebe (Basic Grey)
Pen- White Pastel pen (Sakura)
Stickers: Puffy Thickers (American Crafts)
Misc- string, stapler

Here's a photo of the LO revealing the hidden journal:
Special thanks to Michelle for the Fancy Pants-About A Boy paper collection. :) I have one more LO and an altered item to share. Will post them soon. =)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Beary Box said...

Simple yet creative!! Love the sunshine :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you exposed the cut-out sunrays here, gracie! ganda naman, very creative :)

tnapay said...

i really like that pocket for your journaling. it reminds of those tattered jean back pocket. :)