Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first...in a long time

It's been quite a while since I last did some blogging & scrap booking. I started scrap booking way back in 1999 when I had my summer vacation in the U.S. It was my sister who introduced me to this craft. She took me to Michael's arts & crafts store so we can go shopping for materials. Man I got crazy! I was overwhelmed with all the stuff that they had there. I didn't know which section to go to first. Hmmm... stickers, papers, scissors, embellishments, adhesives, albums... oh the list goes on! After spending almost an hour there we went home. I couldn't sleep from thinking how I'd start my layouts. The day after our shopping I finally started my first layout. It was a simple layout about my 1st year in high school.


Well I continued scr
ap booking when I got back here in the Philippines. But since scrapbooking wasn't known here yet during that time, I got lazy & uninspired plus there weren't any materials here to buy scrapbook stuff. I got busy with college then later with work that I never found time to scrap again.


I went
back to the U.S. last January 2005 and found a new hobby which is somewhat related to scrapbooking... card making. I stayed in the U.S. for almost 6 months and as soon as I got my California driver's license, I started driving to Michael's again to buy my materials. I think Michael's was my favorite hang out at that time. I would spend about 2 hours there twice a week to shop for materials. Then I searched for other arts & crafts stores so I can have other options. There was Jo-Ann's, The Art Store, Big Lots (this isn't actually an art store but I did find lots of cheap scrapbook materials there), there was another store which I forgot the name... sorry.

Oh well, from there I st
arted card making until I got back here in the Philippines again. I was even able to sell some of my cards in our store & I'm glad people liked them. I would also sometimes make unique birthday invitations for my friends' parties. Then I started working again & it all stopped. Later on got married, had a baby & one day I saw that my little girl's empty milk cans were piling up at our back yard. Hehe. I searched the net for some recycling projects so I can make those cans useful & I came across the altered paint cans. Instead of using empty paint cans I decided to use the empty milk cans instead. And that was the birth of a new project! Hehe.


Then just last month I realized I haven't made any albums for my little girl & she's already 1 year & 6 months old! That's when I began to plan to go back to scrapooking. And as if it was my calling to go back to the craft, my friend Romely sent me a text message inviting me to join them in a mini scrap jam. Talk about perfect timing.


Oh I didn't re
alize my first log post has gotten long. I'd have to end my first entry now as my little girl has already waken from her afternoon nap. Till next time!


xoxo

No comments: