Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another first...

July 11, 2008 was the day for my very first Scrap Jam. Well it's also the first held here in Angeles City. Days before that I wasn't even sure if I would make it. Marcie's yaya (nanny) was fired just a month ago and my husband had work on the day of the Jam. I couldn't possibly take her (Marcie) with me to the Jam for I know for sure she'll get bored and mess up things there. But still I took my chances and sweetly asked my hubby if he could ask someone from work to switch day offs with him. Two days later he delivered the good news... his office mate agreed! Yey! Off to the scrap jam!

But wait, not so fast... On the morning of the scrap jam I was soooo.... busy. We had wholesale orders from Manila (the family business I was co-managing is a perfume/ health & beauty store but we do wholesale too). So I had to fix the orders as soon as I got up. Plus while doing that I had to multi-task with making die cut samples from my wishblade and taking care of my oh so cute baby. While the machine was cutting I had to get stocks from our bodega (storage room) which was like hell. The room had no ventilation I felt like I was in a sauna! After that sweaty moment, I took a short break and had lunch. The clock was ticking fast... I realized it was already 3 p.m. I took a quick bath & left home with my beach bag full of scrapbook tools and materials. Oh I had to go back home too coz I left my portfolio where I kept my die cuts! Grrr... Memory Gap!

It was about 5 minutes past 5 when I finally arrived at the venue (Shanghai restaurant in Balibago). Luckily I wasn't late. I saw new faces and some familiar faces. Most were former workmates at AOL. We had the registration & while waiting for the other participants to arrive, we did a little bit of shopping from the neat stuff Ms. Marisa (from Scrapbooks Hawaii) brought to sell. I somehow managed to control my self from hoarding the materials. Hehe.

Then the moment we've been waiting for... our first project. It was a cutie pink card stock tote decorated with ribbons & paper flowers. Then came the second project, a two-page scrapbook layout. I love the kits they provided to us.

There were also raffle draws. At first it seemed like everyone was winning but me. I told my seatmate that and right after I said it, my name was called! I won! Yey! I got a Quickutz idea book which was really cool. More raffles were drawn later and I was lucky enough to win in about 4 draws. Hehe. I'm usually unlucky with raffles but I guess today was my lucky day after all. We also got other freebies from Ms. Marisa.

After the second project, dinner was served! I really didn't eat too much since I just had Chinese food last night. Enough Chinese food for me for this month! Continued my shopping spree then we were asked to go back to our seats again to start our third project. It was a mini gate-fold album. I really like this one. It's unique and cute too. It looks quite complicated to make but when we actually started making it, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Here's my finished product for this project:


We were told we only had 3 projects but since we finished fast Ms. Marisa had another project for us. It was a Victorian inspired card but mine turned out to be like a birth announcement:



It was indeed a hectic day for me but I'm happy I made it. I would have regretted it if I didn't go to the Jam. I learned so much and really had fun. I was so excited to go home and finish my projects. And I finally finished them all yesterday. =)

No comments: